TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
1. ACCEPTANCE AS A MEMBER
• The proprietor Beacon Health Clubs Ltd t/a R15 training has absolute discretion as to whether to accept any application for Membership. If an application for membership is accepted by the proprietor, membership shall commence on the membership start date as stated on the membership form
• Acceptance of an application for membership by the proprietor shall constitute a binding contractual arrangement between the Proprietor (Beacon Health Clubs Ltd t/a R15 training) and the member upon these terms and conditions.
2. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• Neither Beacon Health Clubs Ltd t/a R15 training, our employees, agents or sub-contractors will be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property brought onto our premises, or any death, personal injury or illness occurring on or resulting from use of our premises (including that caused by use of the facilities and/or equipment unless caused by our employees, agents, subcontractors or our negligent act or omission).
• Some areas of our clubs are unsupervised and we do not accept responsibility for any harm or injury to you whilst using them unless caused by our employees, agents or sub-contractors or our negligent act or omission.
• You shall not abuse the facilities or equipment of the club and you will pay for any damage to our property where you willfully or negligently cause such damage.
• Membership of the club is personal to the member. Any assignment, transfer or the disposal of membership is at the sole discretion of the club Manager (subject to a transfer fee). The member shall not loan his/her membership to any other person or permit it to be used by anyone other than the member.
4. MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP DURATION
• Members must not be less than 18 years of age. Members less than 18 years of age will need permission from a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must be available during their training at all times.
• A minimum membership period applies to this contract as confirmed overleaf and upon expiry of your minimum period, the membership will continue automatically until the member gives one full calendar months’ notice to cancel in writing and receives a confirmation of cancellation and end date.
• Please note that the training are of 15 mins slots, the initial consultations is usually 40 mins and the weigh and measure is 20 mins. The training, consultations and weigh and measure must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
• We advise clients to strongly adhere to the times booked in for their sessions as we may not be able to accommodate clients who come in after or before their sessions or who do not book in.
• Please kindly note that our training's involve a nutrition plan and to get the best results, we advise client to adhere strictly to the nutrition plan and while we will try every opportunity to assist the customers in adhering to the nutrition plan, it is ultimately down to the customer to make sure they follow the plan judiciously.
6. FREEZING OF MEMBERSHIP /PUTTING MEMBERSHIP ON HOLD
• Members can freeze or put their membership on hold for a minimum of 1 month up to a maximum of 6 months subject to giving us one full calendar months’ notice prior to the start of the freeze. If a member is still within the initial period, the membership fees will continue to be taken monthly but the period frozen will then be added to the membership at the end of the initial period. Freezing after the initial period will mean that no Direct Debit is taken as long as the member gives one full one full calendar months’ notice so we have sufficient time to stop the DD from being taken.
7. CONTRACT TERMINATION
• All programs and packages are non-refundable.
• Memberships done outside the club premises or over the phone that have not been signed will have a 10-day cooling off period in which the member can cancel and get a full refund of all fees paid. Membership done within the club and signed will not have any cooling off period and the membership is binding from the date signed.
• The management reserves the right to terminate any membership where upon they view its continuance to be detrimental to the operation of the club.
• Unless otherwise stated, our staffs, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified. If you have doubts about your fitness or capability to undertake physical exercise, we strongly recommend that you take an independent medical advice before undertaking any exercise.
• You may not use any of our facilities whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness that could affect others within the club.
*Please note that the membership and binding contract, once signed, is not dependent on the gym usage and while we try our best to encourage customers to train, it is ultimately down to the customer to book the training and make sure they do come in. Any refund for missed sessions and training is down to the discretion of the management team and members do not have any obligation to request for refunds or extra sessions after missing their normal sessions*.